VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am getting ready to do some custom work to my car. first i need to know how far down the air bags come down on the a pillar?

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
well from the pictures i've seen, the airbag will not affect it at all as long as you only have one gauge in there. it's the two or more gauge pods that you have to worry about.
Here's a picture to let you see how far down, not the best but gives you the idea.

jon

·
Registered
473 Posts
I wouldn't even install "one". Adding any pressure to that pillar will affect the release of the air bag. Not to mention imagine parts flying out at the speed and airbag deploys...no thanks. Get one of these to be safe, it looks way more OEM, and won't attract attention.
http://www.aptuning.com/newsouth_perf_mk4.html

I have the column pod and it looks and works well.

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: cyaneye ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Well.... First i have the single din CD player so i can't get the gauge pod there and the column pod would just bug the crap out of me IMO. Me personal i'm thinking about getting a HUD boost gauge with a built in turbo timer.

Or i might get this pod.

Now there is a "safe" air bag piller gauge and it's this one but you have to send out your hold piller cover .

jon

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I really like the option 1 and option 3 (although I can see this one obstruct the vent hit the window). But the 2nd looks like sort of out of place.

Please keep your grandfather clocks at home will ya!

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: TF242 ]

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
first off thanks for the ifo. actually i am going to do a speaker/ gauge combo all out of fiberglass. its going to be some really trick s*&t. looking at that pic of the air bag i dont think it will be a problem. if i get in a accident i am going to get messed up anyway. that just seems how it allways is for me. thanks again

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have personally had the a-pillar bags go off in my car with my single a-pillar boost gauge pod. It is fine, and will not affect the way the bag is meant to operate. It will not fly off either if it is securely attached. I experienced no problems whatsoever because of this.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:

I have the column pod and it looks and works well.

[ August 17, 2003: Message edited by: cyaneye ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey cyaneye. Do you have more pictures of the column pod from diffrent angles? i plan on getting a Pod before H2O and i wanna see all my options before i buy. I want the easiest install for the price. I know i said i didn't like this one before but would like to see it from the front , side and any other angles.
jon

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
Hey cyaneye. Do you have more pictures of the column pod from diffrent angles? i plan on getting a Pod before H2O and i wanna see all my options before i buy. I want the easiest install for the price. I know i said i didn't like this one before but would like to see it from the front , side and any other angles.
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just this one bro. It was very easy to install..looks and works great. I will take some pics of mine tonight.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Thanks, the HUD one i wanted isn't being sold at the place i found it at and when i search for it i'm only coming up with Jap. websites. Now what gauge do you have? is it colored matched?
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueRabbit0886:
that hud one is f'n awesome

where can i get me one of those?!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like i just stated, the one place that i found that at is not selling VW stuff anymore and when i search for that HUD all i come up with is Jap. Websites and even though i spend a couple of weeks in japan, i can't read it to save my life.
jon

1 - 13 of 13 Posts