VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 wolfsburg, and I want to do some work on my interior. The A pillars and pillars where the seatbelts are have air bags in them. Will I fuck anything up by taking those off.

Thanks

·
Registered
777 Posts
there are a bunch of sensors in there, if you realllly careful you shouldent have any problem, but you wont know till you get in a wreck, do you feel lucky?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I don't think any of the airbag sensors are in the pillar. They should be connected to other sensors and the bumper and body shocks. If you carefully remove them you will be fine, but may I ask why you would want to take off the A and B pillars?

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Actually, the side impact sensors for your side airbags are located on the floor cross members underneath the carpet. A special tool is needed to remove the A-pillar and C-pillar trim...I believe its a T10078.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
...I believe its a T10078.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How you can remember tool part numbers is amazing...you are the ULTIMATE VW Tech Carson...

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Well, the question about side air bags came up before, and I had to use the tool to remove my pillar to install the gauge...

Regardless, I can remove a Mark 4 interior in about 45 minutes or less if I am motivated.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So do I have to get one of those tools, or will something else work. I was just thinking disconnect the battery and go for it. The reason I am taking it off is to cover it in zebra print. The car is black, and I have the accents in the door already done. I want to do the pillars and the headliner next. I am trying to get them done by the 13th for a car show in Cali.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Go to "My Profile", and click on view/edit profile. You can create a signature, and put an image in your signature as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts