VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 90 2 door, and just upgraded my front brakes to the Vented style. I got these as the "ABS rotors". they fit Perfectly. My solid style ones would get so hot they would turn blue. Let me know if any of you have upgraded, and what to- or if you still have the solid style.
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
i am not huge into brakes but i was going to upgrade so i looked into it. what i can tell you is that the vented, if the are a good, strong design, they will be just as strong but they will cool much faster increasing rotor life and power. do you have drilled or slotted? i have read that if the drill design isnt good, then they can crack making them useless. i was really looking into the Brembo upraded size and everything but it was hella $. dont remember the exact amount but you can check it out. Brembo. hope that shizzle helps man! nice ride by the way!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Porsche BIG REDS are always a plus. X-drilled AND vented. but to be realistic, find a wrecked crrado G60 and take it's 11" front brakes. you will need everything from the steering knuckle outward to do the conversion

·
Registered
202 Posts
All I've done is fit disks to the rear and put better pads on front, if I get lots of cash I might fit Porsche disks, but theres not really a need to...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What I have done was taken the factory style 9.4 rotors that are for a car with ABS. Although my car is not equipped with that they still fit.!! They are not X drilled or Slotted because they only last about 2 yrs. Mine are just vented... Center vent. My others were solid rotors. The ones i have now I am very satisfied with. I am looking to get the rear disc conversion. I justt need to find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts