VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically im lookn for sum one to answer this complicated question below:

now the (dump valve) DV36 is an atmospheric dump valve that people say would cause many types of long term and short term problems on the mk4 1.8t. therefore i would like to know y baileys have made this DV COMPATABLE with the mk4 and described the DV36 as:

"The DV36 is the twin piston model, Suitable for cars with airflow meters. The DV36 is a derivative of Bailey Motorsport's DV30 re-circulating type, re-designed to offer a distinctive lower-tone pitch 'Dump'. The DV36 has been made due to customer requests for an aggressive valve with increased airflow capability for higher power applications"

now people bearing in mind the word "DERIVATIVE", which means lacking orginallity or something derived from another source.

so dubberz just help me out on this one? :wink:

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Exactly, high powered applications where the dv cannot dump enough air out of the system. Its complcated... but just take my word for it. Stock turbo you can to recirc it. Unless you have a BT and a DV just wont cut it, you can get away with a BOV through the tuning and plumbing. Atmospheric DV's are retarded, just run a bov if your dumping it.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
98a4 said:
Exactly, high powered applications where the dv cannot dump enough air out of the system. Its complcated... but just take my word for it. Stock turbo you can to recirc it. Unless you have a BT and a DV just wont cut it, you can get away with a BOV through the tuning and plumbing. Atmospheric DV's are retarded, just run a bov if your dumping it.
It is a BOV, DV doesn't mean Diverter Valve in his case. It means Dump Valve. Both a Diverter Valve and a Blow-Off Valve are considered types of Dump Valves.

Like I said before man, just get the DV30 and you will be happy and problem free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts