VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how hard is it to put an a3 dash in my a2 i just bought a complete one off of my friend... just wanted to know who knows shit about... leave something... peace

**OLD VOLKSWAGENS NEVER DIE, JUST GET LOWER**

G

·
0 Posts
never did it before iso i dunno but u can ask MMI concepts if u like they would know..

·
Registered
499 Posts
It's a popular question...just not a popular project. I've seen it done in a few cars but I don't know the owners of any of those cars. I don't think anyone on this forum has done it though. There was a rabbit pickup from england that had an mk3 dash conversion, but thats going way back.

From what I hear the hardest part is getting the guages and heat controls to work(corectly).

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What year is your car. I know that pre 90 cars are harder to do. Not sure why though. Pretty sure it's wiring. I hate to say this but the vortex might get you answers quicker. There are a ton of peeps on there with the swap done. good luck. I'm pretty sure you'll need to weld in the brace form a mk3 for it to blt in.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
90-92 is CE2 wiring... so most everything hooks up like it's supposed to. It's still a pain in the ass either way, but I've seen MK4 dashes in MK1s... so anything can be done.

From what I've read it's really a take it apart and start messing with it thing though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts