5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's so not a VW but I so don't care... I'll post it anyway

Owner Member Name: Aaron... Fourt1thirty
Year: 1991
Make: BMW
Model: 318i
Color: Diamond Black Metallic

Summary of the car: I picked this thing up for, well, it paid me $450 to own it. It was in pretty sad shape. 100% stock except for a bunch of painted lenses, a flowmaster muffler and a cone filter. Everything that wears was worn out. I replaced a lot of stock replacement parts including $350 worth of timing chain and $150 in control arms. It's a work in progress. I prefer it because of the twin cam 4cyl instead of the 12v straight-6. The same reason I like VW 16vs over 12v VR6s. That and it's kinda cool in a one year only production sort of way.

Pictures:

Engine Specs: M42B18 1.8L 16v. "Creative" cam timing, cone filter on tube with boxed heat sheild and a cold air tube running to it from a valance duct, removed throttle body pre-heater plate, EuroNation custom coded chip, Zeitronix ZT-2 Wideband and EGT datalogger and Knocksense standalone knock sensor, E28 535i motor mounts, custom short shifter, small case 4.10 LSD from a Canadian 318is, E46 Coil on plug conversion

Suspension & Wheels: H&R Sport Springs and Bilstein sport struts, M3 control arm bushings, .5 degree upper strut mounts, 325IC front swaybar, old 15x7 ET20 Enkei 92 mesh with 195/55/15 no-name tires I found next to the dumpster at the body shop.

Exterior Specs: Replaced every light on the car except the license plate lights because they'd all been sprayed red or flat black. Euro Smileys, new fog light lenses and blacked out fog housings, MK2 "16v" dash badge on the grille, Scirocco "16v" badge on the back, Euro MK3 VR lip, 'ghetto' textured moldings

Interior Specs: Momo wheel, Jamex seats on custom brackets, interior gutted in the back, German spec 24hr in dash clock (deletes OBC), German spec overhead Active Check Control (too bad I can't read any of it)

Notable Acomplishments: Shocked VW and BMW guys with the lip spoiler. $100 into the wheels and tires, $314 into all the suspension stuff

Comments: Drifto?

Plans: Big rear swaybar, 2.25" custom exhaust, Delta custom ground cams (already got the cores) Ground Control coilovers, boost... then a 2.5" exhaust and more boost. I plan on making whole turbo kits for these cars eventually.

·
Registered
444 Posts
that thing is tits man. very nice!

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm waiting on adapters for these... 16x7 Mesh I had refinished. Dunno if they'll make it on the car though. It's not bling enough for these.

Hanging out with some friends at the Momentum Motor BBQ

Horrible engine shot showing the coil on plug conversion

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
thank you very much peoples

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thank you...

I couldn't help myself. The adapters aren't here yet so I stacked some washers under the wheel and held them on with one bolt to see how it will look.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts