VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2.0L with my stock 1.8 head what part will i need to make it work witch comp should i use my stock one or the 97 jetta (motor is out of ) im going to be doing a 270cam but i dont know what other things i can do doing this as a school project for shriver job corps in danvers ma. got to get my baby rolling again

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
disructions:

-remove your 1.8 from the car
-remove the head from your 1.8
-remove the distributor from your 1.8
-remove the v-belt pulleys from your 1.8
-remoce the waterpump from your 1.8
-remove the knock sensor from your 1.8
-remove the flywheel and pressure plate from your 1.8
-remove the oil filter flange from your 1.8
-disgard the remains... all that should be left is the block (with internals), oil pan, and the timing gears

Now:

-remove the head from your 2.0 (and give it to me... huh-huh... give me head)
-Remove everything from the 2.0 that you removed from the 1.8.
-Remove the front block breather
-install the Techtonics breather block off plate, and install either the drive gear off the 2.0 distributor (or if your 2.0 didn't come with a distributor Techtonics sells just the distributor drive gear) onto the 1.8 distributor, and use the Techtonics dist. adaptor ring to put the distributor into the block.

-Intall the 1.8 head to the 2.0 block using a new timing belt for a 2.0 and a new head gasket (Techtonics part# 198.137) yes it is special, no, don't use a 2.0 or 1.8 gasket. Use new head bolts.. they're special bolts and they can only be used once. Follow the torque specs in the Bently Manual.
Install all the other crap from your 1.8 onto the 2.0.
-Install the 2.0 in your car exactly as your 1.8 came out.

You will need the exhaust manifold and downpipe off the MK3 that the ABA came from. The MK2 downpipe wont clear the floor since the block is taller. Techtonics does sell a longer downpipe to fix this problem, or you can run the stock ABA/MK3 stuff.

Everything else is fine. Hoses, wires, ecu, injection, clutch, tranny, starter, it will all fit like original and work fine.

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Did you guys get mk3 16vs in Portugal? It would be an ABF code motor, and they're kinda rare, even in Germany/UK. If you could find one, yes it will bolt into a MK2. The only motors that wont fit into a MK2 are anything that came in a MK4 (AEG 2.0, transverse 1.8Ts, and TDIs) Anything that came in a MK3 will bolt into a MK2. That is of course, if you're willing to do the wiring.

·
Registered
394 Posts
yes,we get mk3 16v here.but i would have to do all the wiring!?just the block wont be a good thing to do!?no +hp?the wiring is a big thing to do and will be more expensive then the car for me...

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
You can probably get away with running Mk2 2.0 16v CIS Motronic on the MK3 16v. You'd have to swap over the intake manifold off a mk2 16v.

You should be able to run 1.8 16v CIS-E with an inrichment module. You would still have to swap the manifold.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
witch comp should i use the 1.8 or the 2.0 since the half of the motor is a 2.0 and a 1.8
so i can get my money back on the comp if i dont need the 2.0 since it was 150 bucks

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
should work fine with the 1.8

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what other parts will i need to be pushing high 14's with this set up since i am doing the 270 cam i have a chip and tt exust already and would a audi 5k t body work with the set up i have ??

·
Registered
60 Posts
Ya know, since your car is digifant you could just bolt the ABA engine in and swap your injectors into the fuel rail. Then you could just use your stock injection system with the crossflow head. It keeps things simple in some respects.

·
Registered
394 Posts
the thing is that my car is a K-Jetronic,not a KE-Jetronic.With this injection isnt possible to gain anything wiht the 2.0l block!?
HidRo

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TT tuning says the block off plate is for a a1 so will it still work for my a2 ?? i havent called them since it ganna cost a lot so i was just wondering right know

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
will this work for my swap 905.200 New Ignition Distributor (2.0L 8v Conv. w/Knock sensor)
will this take away puting in a knock sensor from a gti/gli ?????

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TT tuning is were i found this dist.

forgot to put that oppsss

1 - 14 of 14 Posts