VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
abd intakes are pretty much the same thing as the p-flow or any other filter and adapter style intake... the only difference is the price

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I have the p-flo system .I want the abd intake to replace the stock intake boot.Has anyone used one yet and what do you think.

·
Registered
180 Posts
thats mostly just a show piece... it doesn't add any HP but it may inprove responce time by about a tenth of a second... and the intake pipe is a seperate item from the intake itself so when you purchase the intake you must also purchase that pipe seperately

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if the abd intake does not add any HP what is the difference between it and something like the neuspeed which claims an increase of around 5 or so?

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i have the abd pipe that replaces the factory limp dick. lol i like it, looks a hell of alot nicer under the hood. only problem i have is that it rubs on ur strut tower a lil bit u have to adjust it around till it fits ok. and there isn't a hp increase really its just a lil thicker in diameter then the stock tube.

·
Registered
180 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
if the abd intake does not add any HP what is the difference between it and something like the neuspeed which claims an increase of around 5 or so?
the abd intake is exactly the same as the neuspeed p-flow... they both add about 5 hp, but abd also sells the seperate piping to replace the rubber intake tube, this is mostly just a show piece, but it does look real good...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts