VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a friend of mine is going to update the cams...he has a kent cams set,and i wants to know if you need to replace the ?springs? on the lifters!and if so,how much is it,and are there any ?springs? that can be used from another car,which could get cheaper!
thx in advanced!

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
It's probably a good idea to upgrade those items, as far as interchangability between vehicles, you can use diesel springs. I would just go ahead and get a good set from Autotech, Kent, or Schrick; it's worth the money not to have to worry.

These guys: www.eurosportacc.com
are a importer of Kent cams here in the states, they might be able to answer some of your questions better.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
Depends on how big the cams are. It's probably a good idea anyway. Get new lifters from an aftermarket suppier, they're about $11 US each.

Springs... Autotech or Techtonics usually... they're the same, so whichever one you can get cheaper. Schrick springs as just surface coated factory springs. They're nice parts, but don't increase the spring rate, and are not worth the money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am running the Kent 258's, which I'm assuming you are talking about. You do not have to change the springs with these cams, they do not bind. This is the whole reason I chose these cams. Stiffer springs hurt power when they are not necessary. Valvetrain Loss increases

1 - 5 of 5 Posts