VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My ABS light on my 97 Jetta VR6 keeps coming on, but it seems to light up randomly. When it does come on, my braking is really effected....there is a grinding noise when I press the brake pedal, and it won't press all the way down. But if I shut my car off, everything is fine again. I'm stumped here...but I'm thinking it has something to do with sensors maybe? If anyone out there can lemme know if they have had similar experiences, I'd really appreciate it. I wanna get it fixed pretty soon cuz I gotta store my car for the winter in the next few weeks. Thanks!

·
Registered
127 Posts
My brake light kept flashing on and off a while back. Although I didn't have the grinding noise, it turned out that my brake fluid was extremely low. That may be at least part of your problem too. Good luck!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Either the sensor or the control module, the light will go out every time you turn the car off because you are resetting the control module. It won't register a problem until your moving again. Good Luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^^^Thanks for the suggestions yall...do u know if a sensor/contol module is an expensive part to replace? I have a feeling it is....any help is appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts