VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok guys. im feeling a little stumped.

just replaced my fan control module today. thinking it would fix my no radiator fans running/ no ac problem. nope.
now ac WAS working intermittent all summer up until mid july. nothing since.

compresser wont run, radiator fans dont run.

have fans wired to a switch so i can turn them on if i have to. (havent had to yet)

any help??? :-?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CEL on? if so, codes please.

Could be a number of things, start with fuses on top of battery.
no cel.

so maybe i popped a fuse when i was trying to jump the fans. ill check that before I do anything else. if not. I guess Im not gonna cry about it. its almost winter and idk, I just dont LOVE the car. thinking about selling it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No replies anyone? I'm still sweating my nuts off in this thing. Cannot figure it out for the life of me. Ac button lights up, no radiator fan or compressor action, brand new radiator fan control module, and if I let the car idle for 10 minute and the heat gets to almost 3/4 on th gauge finally it will kick on the fan and ac.

·
Premium Member
4,466 Posts
When the fan kicks on it kicks on the compressor too?
The compressor should run regardless of the fans, however the fans should fire up when the compressor is running.
The fans help the condenser but they are not vital to A/C operation.

Check codes and fuses as said. Both fans should kick on anyway when the car starts getting really hot. You might be missing the fuse for the circut that kicks the fan on when you turn on the ac.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When the fan kicks on it kicks on the compressor too?
The compressor should run regardless of the fans, however the fans should fire up when the compressor is running.
The fans help the condenser but they are not vital to A/C operation.

Check codes and fuses as said. Both fans should kick on anyway when the car starts getting really hot. You might be missing the fuse for the circut that kicks the fan on when you turn on the ac.
i guess I will quadrouple check the fuse panel. Then again. the pictures are too confusing as well as the manual according to what position is really what.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts