VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just received a letter from Volksagen of America Inc. stating the problem with the window mechanism. Basically it says that they know there is a problem and that if you bring your car when the WINDOW DOES FAIL that they will fix the problem with improved parts at no cost. They also stated "To address this issue, we are offering an extended limited warranty covering the repair of mechanical malfunctions of the front door window mechanisms in your car. The warranty will be in effect for a total of 7 years from the date of the original purchase or lease"

The letter also stated that "If you have previously paid for replacement or repair of a mechanical component of any window mechanism of your volkswagen, please send your request for reimbursement to us at the address below, together with your ORIGINAL repair order or service invoice"

Well, i haven't had the window problem yet but i guess its going to happen. Anyways i just wanted to make sure all of you guys have received this. If not make sure you make some calls to see if you eligible. I have no idea what years are included in this because it was not stated within the letter.

good luck

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
yeah i got one of those too. why cant they just schedule an appointment for everyone and change them all to make the world a better place.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
They dont' want to due that because they don't want a smudge on there reputaion (which i think makes it worse). Plus there spending to much time replacing those damn coilpacks that they can't make the time to replace the window regs.

jon

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Where is the address?
I want to get reimbursed for my O2 sensor I dished out $140 for it while it was supposed to be a recall.

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:
Where is the address?
I want to get reimbursed for my O2 sensor I dished out $140 for it while it was supposed to be a recall.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would suggest to call 1-800-DRIVEVW they maybe can help with getting you this reimbursment.

Best!

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Thanks. The dealership I am dealing with told me yesterday that it would be VW's problem. I still think it is the dealership who is at fault here.
That decision could be over shadowed by the fact that I love VW. LOL

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just got the letter in the mail Wed too. Of course VW won't take the time to change everyone's regulators. That would be too easy. They have to make life challenging for us.

My driver's side in '02 Golf dropped three months after I got it. Hasn't happened since, but I'm knocking on wood for know. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the GL, so I wouldn't have to worry about power windows.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts