VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard that the MKIV VR6 engine doesnt like the ACT clutch???
Is that true??

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
A clutch is a clutch, all that matters is the torque/HP rating on it. Stock VR6 clutches are pretty beefy, but if you go FI an upgrade is in order, as the stocker will only handle the increased power for a short time.

As for your question, I have never heard anything like that about any clutch.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
A clutch is a clutch, all that matters is the torque/HP rating on it. Stock VR6 clutches are pretty beefy, but if you go FI an upgrade is in order, as the stocker will only handle the increased power for a short time.

As for your question, I have never heard anything like that about any clutch.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yea i never thought it would matter too but i just heard some guys talking about it on vwvortex and i didnt know what they were talking about>>>

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
You can't always believe what you read on Vortex. Thats why a lot of people are here instead of there...

You might want to look at some other clutch manufacturers just to be safe. Does ACT guarantee their products at all?

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
You can't always believe what you read on Vortex. Thats why a lot of people are here instead of there...

You might want to look at some other clutch manufacturers just to be safe. Does ACT guarantee their products at all?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yea well i already have the ACT clutch in and stuff i just got scard that i fucked up or something but thanx man>>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts