VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of these? Are they worth it. Im a little low in the budget range. Would there be anything else i would need to get with these? Would i just use the stock shocks? Don't know much about suspension. Please let me know
coilovers

·
Registered
844 Posts
IMO, aerospeed's are just like the skunk2's: ghetto and reserved for ricers. I know they seem like a cheap alternative to coil-overs, and that's they claim to be, but for the money, you'd be better off getting a set of H&R or Eibach springs, or something along those lines. But again, this is all just my opinion on the matter.

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
if you can get suspension at pep boys then it probably shouldnt be on your car.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Amen!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
would i just be better off getting some good lowering springs?

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by firemaker1:
would i just be better off getting some good lowering springs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah. Like I said, H&R and Eibach both make very nice springs. I'm getting a set of H&R sport springs for my car for Christmas. There only like $189, and ones for an Mk3 are around $170. Virtual world parts Check this site out, it'll help with prices and Ideas.

Something else your going to need to consider are shocks/struts. I don't know how many miles your current ones have on em, if you go with lowering springs they are going to need to be replaced pretty quickly, if not at the same time, after you install your springs. With struts, Bilstein seems to be the popular choice, and come highly recommended. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
180 Posts
they're very ricey and you get what you pay for... eibach and H&R don't cost too much more so i suggest going with them

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I got Neuspeed Springs. Enjoying them so far. My next springs will be H&R coilovers or another set of lowering springs and bushings from Eibach.

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i never would of thought pep boys would even carry aftermarket stuff for a vw... haha, yea i'd go with a nice set of lowering springs. atleast thats what im doing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts