VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to to drop my car and be able to raise it so i was considering adjustable suspension anyone know some good brands and prices and some links so i can read more into it? i have a 99 jetta 2.0 if you guys need that info. thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coilovers are the best way to go... even though some can be pretty spendy depending on how much money you are willing to dish out...

some of the most popular are:
H&R are about 1500-2000
Neuspeed/Bilstein - 1200
Apex - 1500
KW - 1300-1600

My suggestion is that you shop around a little... some coilovers are made for show, yet others are made for racing. Just depends on what yer prefrences are.

Hope that helps ya bro...

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
weitec (sp?) is another great company and im pritty sure you can find them for less than like 900...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, wow I didnt think they would be that expensive! but i guess its easier to adjust it with a wrench than to take out a whole new spring and but a stiffer one in. thanks again!

·
Registered
158 Posts
if you decide not to go w/ coilovers, a really good suspension set of matched springs and shocks is the WEITEC TX kit. I got mine thru a friend for $475 shipped, i think rapid parts has them for $600. Its a very nice drop , you have a choice of 40,50,or 60mm springs, and there is even a version that makes the rears height adjustable. The TX also have adjustable damping. I went w/ the TX w/ 50mm drop in the front and 40mm in the rear. It left a very slight rake, exactly 1 finger in the front and 2 in the rear. I am very pleased w/ the ride. Not as good as coilovers but very good in comparison to other shocks/springs sets, and the best part of it all is its german made.

·
Registered
40 Posts
COILOVERS ARE THE WAY TO GO IF YOU WANT TO SHOP AROUND AND GET SOME PRICES THEN GIVE ME A CALL AT 1-800-220-0979 EXT2 WE CAN GET YOU SOME COILOVERS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts