VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
I believe it's just a matter of finding one you like, and the cooresponding wire harness, and mounting bracket if needed. Shouldn't be to difficult to find, if you have a local automotive electronics shop, they might be able to supply you with the right components.

If I were to go aftermarket, I would go Becker Audio or Blaupunkt, I like the clean OEM look. Just one opioin

(not my car)

...Oh, and Welcome!

[ October 31, 2003: Message edited by: Josh Fryauff ]

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hope it is simple and all I need is a wiring harness. I had a Celica GTS and I tried install a radio in it but the only way you could get it to work was to hard wire it in. There wasn't a wiring harness for the car because it came with the upgraded JBL system. So, I am hoping it doesn't turn out like the celica. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I put mine in with a wiring harness I got from tweeter. I had trouble finding a shop that had them, I went to maybe 5 shops and they were all out of harnesses. The hookup is a bit weird so, you're gonna have to wire the ignition on wire to the fuse box or to your ignition power. At least that's what I had to do for my '03. Maybe someone has a better harness out there.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Try crutchfield. When you buy a radio they give you the harness and everything you need to put the new head unit in, including instuctions. Make sure they give you the antenna adapter with it because you need one. You can also get the antenna adapter at places that carry electronics even wal-mart. Crutchfield has a huge assortment of audio stuff and they've always got stuff on special. I got a clarion head unit,4" rockford fosgate components, and polk 4x6's for $300. Even if you don't buy from them it's a good place to find out what you want. And you can just purchase the wire harness if you want. Check them out at http://www.crutchfield.com

1 - 6 of 6 Posts