VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing the GB on H&R springs really got me thinking again. I'd join in but I'm really only looking into 1.5" drop MAX. The dealer said the springs should ride fine on the stock GTI shocks- not to worry.

I've heard different advice on the addition of a sway bar. Some say to change the sway bar any lower than 1.5, a lot say 1.4. I'm actually considering some eibach's 1.2". is there a noticeable difference between 1.5 and 1.2? I wouldn't mind having a bit extra clearance (without sacrificing a noticeable look obviously!!).

Also, is it better to go with Eibach's or H&R? I'm sure i won't be disappointed with either (both are top brands), but just thought I'd throw that question out anyways.

Thanx guys.

[ January 25, 2003: Message edited by: Stebe ]

·
Registered
844 Posts
Well, 3 thenths of an inch isn't going to make THAT big of a difference. If you were to put it next one with a 1.5" drop, you might notice, but otherwise, I think you'd be the only one to know.

Now, when it comes to Eibach or H&R, I would NOT recommend Eibach. I had the Sport line springs on my Nissan 240sx and I was not pleased at all. The ride was very poor and they got noisy. I don't know if H&R's are any better, haven't tried em out, but that's what I'm going to get for my car.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
well i was thinkin about the eibach kit and im REALLY glad i didnt get it. i love the drop i have on with my H&Rs and to tell you the truth, it could even be a tad bit more. they ride great with stock shocks and there are no problems what so ever. no need for a sway bar, there no problems there. to ask about H&R and eibach quality, H&R is just a better company in my opinion. hope this helps
rich

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
yeah. I have sachs springs on my bilstein shocks. I am going to swap out the sachs(too short for shocks) for h&r's. they have a really good reputation. Im buying exhaust off a kid with h&rs on his stock shocks-he said he has had no problems with them. hope this info helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts