VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, as i'm driving home from work, i noticed that that the MIL light was on. I had already scheduled an apointment for Tom for an oil change, but i'm wondering what it is. Could it be my MAF sensor?? I've heard that people have had this problem with it (not just on the 2.0) That's what i'm hoping it is. Any thoughts??
jon

edit:
i have 28,000 miles on it.

[ October 24, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I brought it in this morning. I was talking to the service guy at the Stealership and he said most likley it's the MAF but could be something else. They'll be giving me a call later this morning to give me the verdict.
jon

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well just got off the phone with the dealer and they said it really wasn't anything. Since i had my CAI, they think that there was just to much air going through, or when i was goofin off going fast and slow (trying to get a stang to race me). The inconsitant air flow going through just set off a code.
jon

Update:
Well got my car back and the invoice says " 140 Ck Engine Light on due to aftermarket by-pass valve." We determend that my valve was adjusted to tight and need to be loosened.
jon

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: GTI2001 ]

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
good thing it wasnt anything big! also how much were you charged for the oil change?

[ October 25, 2002: Message edited by: dubwink ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think they charged me something like $30, that's for the oil, filters, any other fluids i needed and labor.
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
even though i got a certified pre owned, do you know if i still have to go in for a 30,000 mile tune up thing?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts