VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wondering how i should mod my stock air box?? just looking for little stuff to help out my baby

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've seen a lot of guys take a power drill and swiss cheese the bottom of the air box where the air intake is - let the sucker breathe!!! =P

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cut the tube out that was in there and i have k&n
as of drilling the bottom of the box how many holes is the right amount

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i was just think of cuting a big round hole in it blocking off the stock hole and runing a tube out the side to were the middle round light is and making it ram air but not to huge of a hole

·
Registered
526 Posts
if you have the tools you could make a heat resistent shee4t metal cone to go around a cone if you put that on yur car and then have a 3 inch tube coming off of that and running it somewhere where air could come in. i jsut put an extension on mine and its like butt up against the headlight and it works good

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
back when i had my 92 golf, i got a k/n drop in filter and like everyone else has suggested cut out holes in the airbox. worked great for me.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i cut a big hole in the engine side. 3/4 of the box is gone. sounds nice with the k&n in it. i just got to watch how bad the filter get dirty

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
take out the airbox and rip out the insides. That there will open it up alot. Then get the biggest hole saw you can find and cut out as many holes as you can fit(on the lower part of the box, below the filter) then get a k&n drop in filter and you're good to go. I used a 2 1/2" hole saw i had. Worked good. But it won'd do much if you let the internal parts in the airbox.

·
Registered
140 Posts
i gutted the whole of my box. cut all of the stuff off the little plate then put the plate back on

1 - 13 of 13 Posts