VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I just bought an air/fuel gauge for my 03 GTI and was wondering where i can splice the wires to hook it up to my stock O2 sensor until I get the actual lines and bung. I need to know what wires and where to find them?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that helps because i didnt know what to tap and u seem to be the only one who knew n e thing about wiring for this

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
I don't know about you Nightstalker, but that would annoy the HELL out of me the way you have it setup. Maybe it is because I like my instrument panel just the way it is.

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
When I hooked up my Autometer Cobalt A/F, it wouldn't read off my stock pre-cat O2, so I had to add another one. I got a single wire O2 sensor from Summit Racing for $25, a Holley weld in bung for the sensor $6, and put it up at work and installed the sucker. Has been working great ever since, and gives me something interesting to look at on my A pillar.

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
Wow, thats a really nice pic Carson. I like your sig too!

Seriously though, what is so important about the air/fuel ratio that you have to keep gauging for it while driving? I understand a boost gauge and maybe a temperature gauge but why an air/fuel gauge for everyday driving? Other than it being pretty...

[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
For the eventual aftermarket forced induction I plan to run, its a good idea to keep an eye on your A/F ratio to make sure that you don't run lean and burn some pistons up. Its also important to make sure it doesn't run too rich, which will foul spark plugs and kill your catalytic converter.

An A/F gauge can also tell you if the engine management is performing properly..

Does a not so modified car need one? Not really...but if you get into chipping or going bigger on a 1.8T, or if you add FI to a VR6, its a safe idea to have one.

Why do I have mine? I couldn't pass up the deal I got on it, plus its cool, and I knew I was gonna need one eventually.

Oh yeah...Raf takes good pics. (Thanks for taking that pic Raf, you rock.)

He also makes good signature pics for you in a hurry.

[ September 23, 2003: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
today i finaaly got under my car to hook the gauge up and there were alot of wires i tried to splice the gray ones and none of the wires i tried seemed to work. Help any ideas

1 - 11 of 11 Posts