VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 passat 1.8l turbo... I just bought a k&n filter for it, and i'm having the hardest time getting it in!!! Now, granted its 95 degrees outside and i'm stressed, but i'm really not happy with the layout of the air filter box. Don't get me wrong though, i love this car. the 1.8t is awesome. I'm just moving to a sandy climate and want easy access to an air filter which i can clean. Does anyone have this problem too?? I'm actually thinking about returning the filter and going with what the dealer gives me. I just got scared last month when i ripped off that air intake hose on top of the headlight assembly and saw a bunch of crap floating at the screen in the bottom. Suggestions would be great!

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I assume you are talking about the air box filter (drop-in panel filter). If so, you should be able to just take the filter thast in there now, and replace it with the k&n. I never had an air box, so Im sorry if this info is wrong

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I also had a K&N panel filter, and I had no prodlem getting it in. Maybe you got the wrong one by accident?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts