VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to get an intake for my 00 jetta vr6 however I have heard good and bad thigns about alot of companies I have kept in mind. Some intakes also say you shouldnt use them in rain how is that practical at all for race or street? I dont know. I was just wondering if anyone had suggestions, price range keep it around 300 or lower. thanx

·
Registered
291 Posts
well I have a velocity CAI from www.thecableshack.com and im very happy with it...it was around 160 when i bought it...other people will most likely tell you carbonio and a few other brands...they all are pretty similar just look for a good filter and a look that you like. As far as the rain goes you shouldnt really have a problem unless you are driving through huge water puddles...the filter stays pretty dry. I have the site for carbonio on my other computer and forget what it is off the top of my head but some one should chime in soon.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I got my AEM CAI from coximports.com for about 185. I love it, sounds great and good gain. As long as you don't submerge your filter you should be fine. People say just keep under 3 rpms in the rain, so just don't go crazy when it's wet or raining out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts