VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Gang,

I bought a Neuspeed P-Flo the other day and I installed it just fine, except for the little mini filter (breather) that's supposed to go on the air pump hose.

Now, I know it's supposed to be somewhere on the front of the engine between the alternator and battery, but I can only find this hose that goes from the intake manifold to the front of the engine just to the right of the dipstick. I was sure that was it, but my little breather thing doesn't fit.

Anyone know if I'm anywhere close to this air pump hose?

Thanks!

·
Registered
70 Posts
ohhhhhhhhh man!!!!!!
someone please help on this issue because i have a 95 golf and i was tryin to figure out the setup of tubes(the tubes to the left of the intake manifold). i took it all apart and there is like a vacuum pressure type thing in the circle(i opened it and had to crazy glue it back together) where all the tubes go into. that shit lets oil get into the intake.
-anyone that knows where the breather filter goes please help

**sorry for the poor desciptions its 4 in the morning and im mad tired

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
The air pumps that use the breather filter are 96 or newer. I had to cut the hose coming out of the pump and put a slit in it and wedge it in the filter, then tape the shit out of it. It works great.The thicker paperish hose that came out of the stock airbox is actually blowing hot air from the engine back into the box, mines just there now. the small fabric covered lines can be plugged and set behind the whole ECU area.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yep, the 96+ cars dont need em. But i put mine on the T-connector ciruclar disk thing (on top of valve cover) so the system can breath air through that rather than through the air intake tube. There not much point to this other than to keep oil out of the AI tube.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts