VW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, bought the new Golf in late 2020 and everything was fine until last November when part of my air vent sliders broke apart. Unfortunately it required a 1 piece fit and cost 290 all in (including labour) volkswagen also said not covered under warranty and now 6 weeks later the same problem has happened. By the way its the long single air vent on the new Golf. Anyone else had this issue and advice to argue my case to the dealer. I don't fancy paying 300 quid every few months when it keeps collapsing and falling apart. To say it's annoying and frustrating is an understatement.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi, bought the new Golf in late 2020 and everything was fine until last November when part of my air vent sliders broke apart. Unfortunately it required a 1 piece fit and cost 290 all in (including labour) volkswagen also said not covered under warranty and now 6 weeks later the same problem has happened. By the way its the long single air vent on the new Golf. Anyone else had this issue and advice to argue my case to the dealer. I don't fancy paying 300 quid every few months when it keeps collapsing and falling apart. To say it's annoying and frustrating is an understatement.
So for an update on the above. The dealer sent a report with photos to volkswagen and while they seemed vocal it wasn't covered under warranty and wanted it to go against me thankfully Volkswagen have seen sense and have said they will cover it under warranty. While it will be fixed having failed and fallen apart twice already I'd say it will probably go again but we shall see what happens in the near future.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts