VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the little guy with the airbag light jusy came on in my car. What is causing this now or is this now the airbag module fried and was causing why i cant scan obd2 the last couple of weeks.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have access to vagcom.:( I might this weekend id i make it to the city for dubrun. I think it might be time for a rosstech order. Lol

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
yeah it is a good idea to have one if you don't know anyone that does. I bought mine through one of the forums for 150$ if I am remembering right. by far the best money I have spent on that car.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea been wanting one to add to the tool box. Car runs perfect with lights lit up every where and the regular obd2 scanners wont even connect to the car. Starting to be a pita when i dont have the tools to fix it my self. Dont rly want to take my 13 wt old car to a dealer that charges 104$ an hr labour. I noticed last night my relay 100 and fuel pump relay get pretty hot when the car is running. That normal?

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
yeah that is pretty normal. there is slight resistance through a relay after all it is a coil. I wouldn't worry too much about that.

Get Ross tech to hook you up. after one trip to the dealer it would pay for itself

·
Registered
322 Posts
When you say readers can't connect, what exactly is happening? Do you have an aftermarket head unit?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Basic obd2 scanner will not connect to the car ,can not retrieve p codes. Yes i have an aftermarket hu. No its not the kline to that. adpater harness doesnt have the Kline pin and i also snipped the line from the factory harness and taped it off. I must have a short somewhere in my dash. All fuses are fine. Cig outlet in the console has the plug cut off as i used the ground and lighting regulator lines as a 12v source for some leds.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts