VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 small plugs or something coming off the side of my airbox. What are they? What do I do with them if I got a p-flo or something. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
there is one of them that goes to the bottem of the air box that you can take of but you will need to put a cap over the hole in the bottem of the airbox and the top one you can cap off if you want to but i wouldnt theres something else you can do with it i just cant remember it right now i will look it up but what i did frist befor i knew what these vac lines did was relocate them i cut 2 little holes in my intake tube and took out the little part they are hooked to on the top half of the air box and put it in the air tube with the nibs sticking out of the holes and just put them on there but once my car gets out of the shop (from gettin the handles shaved
) im gonna change it around so they arent there anymore read this it might help you understand what those 2 vac lines are sorry if i didnt make any sence its hard to exsplane what i did

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Anyone else ever tried that on their car before?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah like he said there just vac lines, they operate a flap in the airbox that regulates cold/hot air so that in the winter the car warms up faster. When i got rid of my airbox for one i caped it off at the intake manifold and the other came out with the box.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yes, the vacuu, hoses can go, and iff you buy a eurosport intake the mass air flow sensor pkugs right in, plus if you take a look at the new ABD racing intake tube, it has places for all the hoses to reconnect up near the throttle body.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I meant removing that little flap thing instaed of getting a cone filter. Sorry for the confusion.

·
Registered
48 Posts
You could remove the little flap, but i honestly dont know how much of a diffrence it would make. Its not really blocking air-flow during normal driving once the cars warm. That stock airbox has got to be one of the msot restrictive airboxes ive ever seen. If i were you id get rid of it, it was the first thing i did and i noticed a imporvement right away (with exseption of the car warming up haha, but your talkin about losin that anyhow) hope that helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
You can go ahead and take it off if you want, I did, but I also added a cold air intake. I don't see much point in it if you are using the stock airbox anyways.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Speaking of getting more cold air. This year... I will be making more mods. (duh... of course !!!).

One of them will be the front hood. I am going to modify the existing one by adding vents right above the airbox. I don't know if I will add the vents on the other side of the hood to match the look, but I might just leave the one on the drivers' side.

We'll see...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The only reason I would only want to modify my airbox like that is to keep my car as stock as possible. I really don't want to spend 200 on an intake. I was just trying to find ways to get a little more power. If that airbox thing doesn't make a difference then i can just put it back on. Thanks on the suggestions.

·
Registered
15 Posts
if you want a cheap cone intake just go to anyauto parts store and you can buy a conefilter for about 20.00 and all you have to do is take off the top half of the air box and put on the cone filter but if you dont make a heat sheald or have a shielded cone filter you wont get much hp gain if any buy it sounds better with the cone than with stock one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts