VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why my alarm LED is dimly on when i drive. it just started happening a couple of days ago. It also goes off when i open the door. has this happened to anyone. when i set the alarm, it doesnt blink anymore either. help me please!

·
Registered
141 Posts
sounds like you have a wire that's chafed or crossed somewhere, if it was on fully, the alarm would be sending a full amount of voltage to the lihgt, so it sounds like you have a wire supplying the led with a wire probably with a low voltage and they are crossing, especially where the light doesnt blink anymore. open the door, look at the black hose thingy that contains all the wires running from the body to the door. pull the hose aside to reveal the actual wires. DONT uplug the thing from the frame, just pull the black rubber aside. Then look inside where the wires are and see if any are crossed. It might be a speaker wire from the radio crossing with the LED supply wire cause that's the only wire i know of that's run near the LED wire and has a low voltage (under 12) going through it. If you wanna check if it's the alarm, roll down the window, get out of the car and close the door and then lock it from the outside with the key. then reach in and unlock the door from the inside.... trust me... you'll know if it's working.....

good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts