VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 95 golf alarm seems to be malfunctioning. Normally when the alarm is triggered the hazard/signal lights flash until i turn the key to turn it off. What is happening is that all 4 signal lights (frnt/bck) stay on constantly, and heat up enough to melt the plastic. This occurs intermittently, whenever it wants, at the most convenient times! Removing the fuse for the indicator lights does not even turn them off. I have been having to unhook the battery to turn them off. It happens on and off every few days....help!!! Also, since I've had the car, the horn has not gone off when the alarm is triggered. Is there any way to hook this up? My Haynes manual says nothing about the alarm system and I'd also like to know where to get some documentation on this....
thank u!!!
sylvia

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
When you put the key in the drivers door and turn it, does that shut off the alarm?Also the horn is shot in you car you will need to replace the actual horn for the alarm if it does not sound.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey...thanks for responding! anyways, no turning the key doesn't work...(although sometimes it works and its all good) but i can't have this problem intermittently happening when i have to park my car and the darn lights won't shut off!!! Any ideas?
sylvia

·
Registered
29 Posts
i was told your horn for you alarm and the horn for you car at two different horns. my horn broke and my alarm horn still worked. one horn is under the right side of the front bumper. it is a pain to get out. you will be better off getting a new horn and mounting somewhere close to the old horn so you can still use the wiring.

justin

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I did see my horn under the bumper..was this for the alarm? or my main horn? i could test it out but don't have a second body right now! anyways, I did notice some corrosion build up on the ground by the rear light bundle and some inside the connections for the signal/brake/etc lights...maybe this may be the problem...i'm not much of an electrician though...but i do know corrosion is not good.

·
Registered
3,867 Posts
I also heard that the alarm horn is separate, and that when you honk, both horns sound. I had a problem once when my locks were forzen and I went in through the hatch and unlocked the passenger door, BIG mistake, it obviously didn't disarm the alarm and it went off for like 5 minutes at 7 am outside of my building, anyway I called roadside assistance cause it would not turn off with the keys or by trying to start it (it works on my Camry) they said to lock it and unlock it 6 times from the drivers door and it worked.

Maybe turning the key back and forth multiple times will work for you???

·
Registered
29 Posts
the horn under your bumper is for the honking. i dont know where the alarm horn is.if nothing works try calling the volkswagen dealer. anyways i hope everything works out for you cause man is that alarm annoying.

justin

·
Registered
466 Posts
You might not want to replace that horn until you get the alarm fixed. It's probably burnt out from the alarm constantly going off. It could get pretty loud around your house when the alarm decides to go off at 3:00 am and you have that new horn in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts