VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasssssup........ ok i have a 00jetta with the factory alarm/security system (whatever u wanna call it)...... i purchased the car used from local dealer, when i purchased the car the dealer (chevy dealer not vw) told me that the only key they had for the car was the valet key.........right now i am having this problem when i sometimes turn the key to disable the alarm and unlock my doors.... my drivers door will unlock, but not others....and also the red LED for the alarm continues to flash.......i can open drivers door without horn sounding, then when passengers door or any other door is open alarm/horn sounds............and sometimes i cant get it to stop until it finishes sounding then, i can shut my doors and drive off..........but when i stop the car , reopen the doors alarm sounds...............i'm taking the dam thing back to dealer.......any suggestions??

·
Registered
267 Posts
your problem is actually not a problem. that's what the valet key was ment for. the only way to stop that from happening is to get a real key made. they did it that way so you could ya know, leave your car with the valet but know that you can still leave things protected (i.e. valet key cannot unlock the glove compartment).

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 00JETTA:
...when i purchased the car the dealer (chevy dealer not vw) told me that the only key they had for the car was the valet key<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

why the hell would they only give u a valet key!!! go back there and complain!! make them give u real keys or have them make them for u. that's soo bs. you bought a car and they only gave u a valet key! wtf!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
your problem is actually not a problem. that's what the valet key was ment for ...........................i understand what the valet key is for, but my alarm had been working fine witht the valet key only, it would lock/unlock the doors, and turn the alarm on an off.......but now it often will only unlock the drivers door only, and not turn off the alarm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts