VW Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, after getting some christmas money, working my ass off, and waiting on some birthday money, its almost time for me to get my chip. I have almost enough for the apr direct port right now. One of my friends was telling me though that the REVO chip is only 500. What exactly is the difference between the 2? Like what am I spending an extra 100 dollars on from APR. Im really starting to get excited about getting this chip but i dont wanna make the wrong decision. Let me know what you would do if you had a lil over 600 bucks. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
288 Posts
i have the APR chip and love it! haven't heard much about REVO, but i'm definatly satisfied w/ my APR direct port programming. they give a lifetime warrenty for software, so if it ever gets screwed up, they re-program it. the only little thing that happens w/ my car since it got chipped was during cold starts, it sort of lugs a little before it decides to start. not every time, but just every once in a while. i've heard people say that they have the same problem. but as far as the performance goes, its awesome. good luck w/ your chip

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
that problem you mentioned. is it only when it's really cold out (below 40) and in the morning or when the car has been sitting for a while? i have the same problem.
Revo is more adjustable if you plan on doing alot of mods. I like APR only because they are more proven right now. And who knows if Revo will be around in the future since the lawsuit (don't know where that stands though)
jon

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
I'd go APR. They have a long standing reputation on their side.

Rapid Parts in Monsey, NY is where you'd have to go to have it done.

The lead tech at my work has the full treatment from APR (just programming, but with every program option) on his GTI...its sick.

·
Registered
345 Posts
i'd go with apr as well. However Giac works great in my car!! Give GIAC a try. Costed me about 420$ w/ installation. It runs great!!!!
www.giacusa.com

[ December 31, 2003: Message edited by: GTI 1.8T ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had a Revo chip for about 2 months now. Works great. Havn't got an SPS yet though. Started it several times in the 30 degree range. Worked fine. I chose Revo over APR first off, cause they had a program for an LQ ecu and also the SPS's.

PS. If anyone knows any recent news about Revo's lawsuits i'm interested. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts