VW Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever try these? They have a rim that looks really nice, and the prices ain't bad. About $190 per wheel for a 17*8 and if I got thru aaarims, I get a $25 per rim credit for buying all four at once. Thnx all

-Mitchell R. Drews

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 98a4:
pictures, we are lazy!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's the one I'm looking at.
Here's the info they have on this rim.
17x8 in., 5x100mm bolt pattern. 35mm offset. Alutec Vantastic Design - Made in Germany! Centers and lugs included. They are listed at $187.50 each. They aren't an expensive rim, but they look nice and are what a car guy in my area recommended. He runs 17x8 Montegis on his Eclipse and says he loves them.

-Mitchell R. Drews

[ March 12, 2004: Message edited by: Mitch Drews ]

[ March 12, 2004: Message edited by: Mitch Drews ]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIVR62801:
They look good, man.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No offense man, but what I'm looking for is a quality review not an appearance review.

-Mitchell R. Drews

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
In that case, I haven't heard of em before, so I couldn't tell you. Judging by the specs, they are the right offset and will fit without a problem. I have never heard of the company before, though. You might want to check out the vortex forums and see if anyone there is running those rims for more info.

[ March 12, 2004: Message edited by: GTIVR62801 ]

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I'v also never heard of the company before, that makes two of us so far so that is sending up a red flag to me...

Motegies IMO suck, they are like bricks and they are big in the honda scene. So I don't know how much this guy knows about wheels...

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
I've noticed that AAA rims or whatever that company is called carries A TON of immitation wheels. I don't know if that means they tend to carry lower quality stuff over all or what. Make sure the word "style" is not part of the description on ebay. These guys love having BBS style, OZ style, etc. Just a heads up.

[ March 12, 2004: Message edited by: Tommunist ]

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I know of this company. I'm pretty sure I have seen their name in some magazines (maybe PVW). So I would trust the brand. Seems like a nice wheel. It looks like they make some replica MB and BMW wheels. There usually is nothing with replica wheels. Make sure you do the research before you buy them. best of luck.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tommunist:
I've noticed that AAA rims or whatever that company is called carries A TON of immitation wheels. I don't know if that means they tend to carry lower quality stuff over all or what. Make sure the word "style" is not part of the description on ebay. These guys love having BBS style, OZ style, etc. Just a heads up.

[ March 12, 2004: Message edited by: Tommunist ]
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You do make a good point, but they do acknowledge that a lot of their wheels are OER Original Equipment Replica's. So it's not like they are passing knock offs as the real thing. That little bit, makes me want to trust them because they are being up front about their product.
Thnx everyone for replying.

-Mitchell R. Drews

1 - 10 of 10 Posts