VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... My 03 Jetta has been acting wierd lately and getting worse. I think it may be the Transmission because it has hard shifting. I have Taptronic... I KNOW I KNOW!... GET A STICK!... LOL I got this car for free and is supper clean, so I don't wanna toss it.

I called VW today and they told me that it sounds like I will need a new "Valve Body" which will cost me around $1800 with leabor and maybe I will need a new "tranny control moduel" because it may not read right for the new "Valve Body"....????

This true? is it an easy part to change where I can change it myself? I know how to work on Honda's but VW's are a whole different system. LOL

So should I pay this and get it working right? or am I getting "ass rammed"? LOL

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,444 Posts
You cold pick up a motor and tranny for that price. I would look for a tranny. Maybe find a car that was hit in the ass end. Undergroundvw is a salvage place that deals just with vws.search for hem I'm kinda. Drunk.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read around and found that the Tiptronic goes bad on the MK4's all the time (Mines works still) and People who have problems with with their shifting... It can be due to the Tranny computer needing to be reset. Is this true? My car needs new mounts so I'm a snag some new ones as well as suspension before tying to fix the tranny thing. I'm really hoping it's the tranny computer... That way everything will be good on it and all it will need is to be reset.

Am I right on this?

·
Resident Post Whore
2,544 Posts
i have a spare auto trans computer somewhere for a mk4 1.8t with tip if i find it i can send it your way i need to get rid of all my dub parts it makes me miss my car:/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts