VW Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just an update on the noise i am experiencing and previously posted about. it is definately coming from the wheels (i believe in the rear) and i think i have it narrowed down to 2 things: either my pads are shot, or it is a wheel bearing. i know that the stock rear mk4 brake pads don't last long and my car now has 34K on it, so i just wanted to know if anyone else has experienced this type of "bird chirping" squeal from their rear brakes before/after they went...thanks

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
I have. Ended up being my break pad dislodged itself from the caliper and rested on the rotor.(One to many e-ebrake pulls on ice
)
To check to see if it is the wheels bearing, Coast at about 70mph, and hit your breaks faily hard (dont be stupid about it)if it is the bearing the car wheel will shimmy and it will make a thumping noise. With 34k on your pads, that would be my first guess.

·
Registered
125 Posts
hey esse, i have 36,000 and really need brakes, all around, just havent gotten around to it, i also havent driven my car in 4 months, gotta love mass transit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts