VW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so now i had help with the misfire issue and my car is running and sounds perfect. Now i have a stalling issue, Every time i stop or put the car in neutral it stalls. I even tried leaving it in neutral on a hill without pressing the gas and it stalls as soon as it starts to get over 2 miles an hour. Im getting a code for something about a air fuel issue. Ive been getting told to change my fuel pump but i dont think thats the reason honestly... any help please?

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
air fuel issue..

sounds like maf to me.

did u buy an oem maf when u changed it last?

air fuel ration on these cars is based off of maf mostly.. and slightly due to 02 sensor.

stock except exhaust / intake right?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a cold air intake and Megan racing exhaust I have to look at the thing from autozone I'm also seeing like a black sut on the ground after I let it run and warm up from the exhaust

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Codes: P0134- Heated o2 sensor
P1128- Long term fuel trim B1 system too lean
P0455- Evap system Large leak detected
P0506- Idle Air Control system RPM lower than expected
P1582- Idle Adaptation at Limit

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the o2 sensor can be fixed with a new sensor or a o2 sensor spacer.
evap, check to make sure your gas cap is tight, make sure no leaks in fuel lines.
make sure your secondary air pump is not leaking....make sure all the hoses are connected and not off or loose. and are you running a replacement maf or aftermarket maf?
and for codes p1582 and p0506...http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed/Campingart/jettatech/p1582/index.htm

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
does it say what sensor, like bank 1 or 2?

i would do a throttle body cleaning and then do a relearn on it. and see if that works for these codes. P0506- Idle Air Control system RPM lower than expected
P1582- Idle Adaptation at Limit

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
it should still work on cleaning it. and to do the relearn just on hook the battery for like 10min or so, then hook it back up. then start the car then just let it ideal for like 20min.
and its your pre cat o2 sensor the one in the manifold, or were ever it is before the cat.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
the pcm has to relearn everything over because when you unhook the battery all the power is gone and when you hook it back up it has to relearn everything over.

and the only fix for the pre cat o2 sensor is a new sensor.

do you have a throttle cable or is your's drive by wire?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what one do you think is causing my stalling because i have to do replacing week by week to afford it and id like to stop having to restart car first

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
it could be all of it....the o2 sensor in the front would be the fuel and air trim...it is what tells the pcm to adjust the fuel and air mix for the engine.

and cleaning the throttle body will also help...if its nasty and all covered in carbon. and if the throttle body is pre wire and is cable driven i dont think you have to worry about a relearn.

that should take care of most of it, i would think. and when you do the o2 sensor your going to need a o2 sensor socket. unless you take it somewhere.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts