VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i have this question. Is there any exhaust system for a 02 1.8t that would sound like the exhaust ont he r32 or some other vr6's? i have a friend hes got a 99 jetta vr6 and his exhaust sounds so cool, kinda like the exhausts on subaru wrx's ???
help

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Sounds totally different, The VR6 has its signature sound, 1.8t cant come close to that sound, but can still sound damn good, Sry.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
agreed. like the guys have said, the vr6 (and r32) have a "signature" sound. some favorites are Remus, and Milltek. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How's that NEUSPEED cat back it goes for about $600, it has those dual tips that point up, Those are the ones i want on mine. ??
Installations Unlimited here in my neighborhood can get it for me for about $550?

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Neuspeeds exhaust are not built as well as some others. After they get some mileage on them the tone can change into a not-so-nice tone.
Miltek
GHL
Remus
APR
TT

And the tip style is refered to as DTM...

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
You can come over and tape record the R32 exhaust note, then rig up some type of bull horn to blast it while your driving!

It's true though, you will not get that killer V6 sounds from the turbo. Trust me, that was my whole goal with the GTI. Closest I got was a great throaty burble, and low rpm growl with the Forced Motion full turbo-back 3". Past 3 grand it got loud, and that higer pitched tone comes out.

Milltek for Pat: Link

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
The VR6 has a very signature exhaust note, but you 1.8T guys go down the road with a whoosh that costs a lot of money for us VR guys to get.

The best sounding 1.8T exhaust in my opinion is the GHL 2.5" Turbo back. My boy at work has one, and his car sounds sick.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I have the Maganaflow catback for my 1.8t and it sounds really good. It is not to loud but produce a nice rumble when I down shift. The VR6 engine produce a mean a$$ growl with this exhaust. I think turbo car kind of drone out the exhaust note a little, but it still sounds sweet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts