VW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can tell from the subject line I am new here. The name is Don and I have a Blue 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 with an automatic. Please don't give me too much crap about the automatic it wasn't my first choice. Actually it was my only choice at the time but oh well. I still love the car. Here are my questions:
1. what kind of mileage are the guys with a similar setup getting. I'm only getting about 245miles before my fuel light is coming on and that seems a bit low to me.
2. What would you suggest to restore my fuel mileage back into the low 20's like it should be rather than the 17 or 18's as it is now?
3. Would a chip help with the soggy shifting of the automatic tranny? If so which chip would you recomend?

Thanks,
Don

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlueVR6:
As you can tell from the subject line I am new here. The name is Don and I have a Blue 2000 Jetta GLS VR6 with an automatic. Please don't give me too much crap about the automatic it wasn't my first choice. Actually it was my only choice at the time but oh well. I still love the car. Here are my questions:
1. what kind of mileage are the guys with a similar setup getting. I'm only getting about 245miles before my fuel light is coming on and that seems a bit low to me.
2. What would you suggest to restore my fuel mileage back into the low 20's like it should be rather than the 17 or 18's as it is now?
3. Would a chip help with the soggy shifting of the automatic tranny? If so which chip would you recomend?

Thanks,
Don
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Welkomme to the forum don!

You'll find the answers to #1 & #2 here:
http://www.vwforum.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000889

Answer to #3: No, chipping will not, directly, effect the "soggy" shifting. You will need to address your transmission and its components to relieve that issue.

[ July 11, 2003: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Ok maybe I asked the question wrong about the transmission. I know that in some cars you can make the shift points of an automatic tranny more aggresive with a chip. Is that possible with the Jetta?
Thanks again,
Don

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
Try checking out the GIAC website, you might find some answers there.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts