VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how hard the roof conversion is? I have the hood mount and i want a shorty and i think it would look pretty gay on my hood.

·
Registered
526 Posts
its one of the easiest things ive ever did..the hardest part is getting the headliner back up right but its not hard at all

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
if you listen to the radio at all then you REALLY dont want a shorty antenna... the reception on those things sucks

·
Registered
844 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
if you listen to the radio at all then you REALLY dont want a shorty antenna... the reception on those things sucks
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nah, mine get's perfect reception. Well, as good as it got with the big ole whip antenna!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
I would like one of those too!I think you get a plug with the roof antena for the fender.

·
Registered
526 Posts
plugging the hole on an mki3 is harder because the antenna comes out of the side of the fender...for my mk2 i jsut took a lil black thing from the engine bay and stuck it on there..its flat and looks good..but with mk3's why not jsut unscrew the antenna or break it off as far down as u can and just like the black piece there?

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I think you might want to do some research about what brand you get cause I HAVE heard bad things about some shorty antennas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts