VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

This is my first post. Wife and I are pretty much set on getting a 2003 Jetta GLS 2.0 Wagon 5sp. BUT I found a local dealer who still has a 2002 GLS 2.0 and it is completely loaded.

The dealer said they would take invoice without any negotiating. If they said that I figured there must be some dealer incentives. Edmunds.com doesn't show any for '02 just $750 for '03.

Does VW give some untold dealer incentives to get rid of remaining '02's? A dealer in Dallas was advertising $3000 off any remaining '02's. I called and they had sold them all. $3000 from MSRP is about $1000 below invoice.

Any help before I purchase? Curious if I can get a loaded '02 for the same or less as the standard '03 (which is pretty loaded).

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
The "dealer invoice" already has a pad built in to the price for the dealer. So if they sell at invoice, they may make 1500 on the car. When we bought our '02 Beetle, we got it for two grand under invoice, and the dealer (Metro VW in Irving,TX) told us that VW was wnating to get them off the lot and so was issuing a rebate to the dealer. If you are looking for a good deal, talk to Frank at Metro and tell him Josh Moody reccomended him. I have bought two VW's from him now, and will use him for any more I get as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks fli gti. I actually live in OKC, but Dallas area isn't a bad drive. I wish there was some site that showed what I could really get them down to!

I will check with Frank at Metro at tell him you sent me.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
www.vwtexas.com/

that is their website. Frank is in charge of their internet and fleet sales. He'll take good care of you. On their website it shows you what they have on lot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts