VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Summer is coming, which means the motocross season is around the corner.
But now that i dont have my pickup truck it leads me to the question if anyone has any experience doing any towing with there jetta??
Ill be towing one bike, maximum three on a small trailer.
Should i be worried about anything? Or you think my 2.0 jetta has got this

·
Premium Member
1,454 Posts
maximum towing capacity of a mk4 is usually 1200 lbs ... so no towing another mk4 but a couple of bikes will do fine.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
i seen a decked out M3 beamer hauling a quad on a trailer haha i thought it was the most random and awkward thing lol

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
friend of mine did that with his mk4 2.0 golf. 1 bike on an open trailer. no problems.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wicked thanks!
long as it doesnt turn out like this
Any aftermarket suspension that will lower the car an inch and still allow the car to tow some out there? Im assuming i cant have both worlds here

·
Registered
2,441 Posts
could get some coil overs. lower it when you don't need to tow. lift it back up when you need to tow.

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,441 Posts
I went through the same ordeal. I had my rm125 and needed a trailer. Didn't want to spend the money on a trailer and a hitch. Sold the bike and bought one that fits in the back. Lol

You will be fine towing with your car. I towed a 5x8 trailer with my 300ex and lt125 quad with gear and such with my 1.8 scirocco. Hardest part was stopping!

·
Premium Member
9,716 Posts
before i got into dubs.. i had a jacked up cummins.. i was the guy who hauled everyones shit...

trailers, quads, bikes, the works.. i got sick of it.. n got into dubs.. lol well thats not the entire reason but part of it..

i guess it could be done.. but if ur pullin the coal mine mountains around me.. it aint gonna pull it.. i can tell u that.. n if u get to the top.. have fun comin down.. some of them r long, steep and winding as hell.

·
Registered
33 Posts
anyone ever seen a bike just on a receiver set up that goes directly into the hitch? I always had trucks now a dub and i still want to get my bike to the track and such, i have a fabricator who will build me a beefy extra supported hitch and a receiver to fir my 250 and a 5 gal jug, anyone know if this will kill it or not, even if i put beefier suspension on it? should only be around 260 lbs, i couldnt imagine it being more then 300 lbs. anyone know if this will kill my car or not or if its a bad idea, dont really have the room for a trailer and would like to try to avoid it at all costs

1 - 13 of 13 Posts