VW Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was jacking up my car to get under and inspect the exhaust earlier. I had the left side on a jack stand and went to jack the right side. After the jack locked, right before the tire was about to leave the gorund, the jack screw bent, and half my car fell.
I'm pissed. I'm gonna take my bent jack to the dealer tomorrow to see what they have to say about it.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
That's really dangerous. I would write to VW or call them or something. Maybe if they realize it's dangerous they will start making normal jacks. It did always seem a little bit unsteady to me...

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Straz85:
That's really dangerous. I would write to VW or call them or something. Maybe if they realize it's dangerous they will start making normal jacks. It did always seem a little bit unsteady to me...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They will tell you that the jack isnt designed to assist in the lifting of the second side of the car.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RafCarre12:
They will tell you that the jack isnt designed to assist in the lifting of the second side of the car.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In theory, as long as the car wasn't a lot higher than it usuallly sits, it shouldn't make much difference. I would tell them and just leave the jack stand part out.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
shit i never knew the jack sucked that much. thankfully i never use it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah! That 'Jack' guy sucks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
jesus, that's not cool. i've only had to use my jack twice to change flats but it makes me think twice about my safety when using it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts