VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend after tinkering around my car I found that one of my coolant lines was slowly leaking. So I called York VW to see if I could get in for my Inspection. They said it was impossible today but they could do it tomorrow. Tomorrow was no good for me so I made an appointment for Saturday. So when I inquired about the fixing the hose they transfered my call to parts, I gave them the part# and they said it had to be special ordered.

Now come on, A hose needs special ordered!!! Plus a special ordered needs to be paid in advance. So I told them I have inspection on Saturday and they said they would see what they could do.

So my question is what the hell do they have in stock??? You would think parts like hoses and belts they would have a good bit in stock..

I don't really trust driving my car now because of the leak. The leak was right at the clamp so I cut about 1/2 inch off and reclamped it. Oh, well if my car overheats and blows-up I can blame it on them....

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
i never dealt with york vw. i checked a few cars out there before a few years back. thats sounds a little shady with the hose. im sure the hose isn't that obscure that they need to special order it. they mite be tryin to make a quick dollar off you. but on the other hand maybe it is a different sized hose that is uncommon and needs ordered. hope things work out for ya.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've never dealt with them either but I did recently bring my brand new 20th in because I was having issues with the turbo and they needed to order the correct hoses...Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We'll as far as sales goes, they're great. It's just their parts/service sucks!!! I'm about half tempted to call and talk to a manager.

I've ordered a few things from them before(shift knob/boot, door handle) and all had to be special ordered...
It just seems like a waste for me to run up there just to find out they don't have my part. Then have to run back up when it comes in(If they call)

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by B5 TURBO:
We'll as far as sales goes, they're great. It's just their parts/service sucks!!! I'm about half tempted to call and talk to a manager.

I've ordered a few things from them before(shift knob/boot, door handle) and all had to be special ordered...
It just seems like a waste for me to run up there just to find out they don't have my part. Then have to run back up when it comes in(If they call)
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds identical to Dalmar Motors here in London. F...ING DORKS!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Bummer bro. I haven't dealt with them either although you are the first I have heard with a negative experience. I always use Vision in Reading...great guys and **cough**, mod friendly.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
no, I have never went there for service. I looked around the lot a few times, but thats it. I hear they are a-holes though. sorry to hear about that jason. Hope everything goes ok. and if Reading was closer to me, I would go there for any dealership issues. oh btw, Im not happy with victory vw (formerly autohaus harrisburg). they replaced my window regulators, and bitched up my 2 new r32 brushed aluminum door pulls, and they didnt tighten the cable (to open the door from inside the car) , so this weekend, the passenger side cable snapped, or got un-hooked...therefore, me having to open the door for my passenger (which gets old real fast). so, Im not going there anymore. they are replacing my r32 pieces though. f-ers.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You called the dealer for a friggen hose?....how much r they gonna charge you $45.00?........just go to your local auto parts store and get a new hose for half the price and put it on yourself.......just my .02

PEACE

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
York, VW are generally nice people, but they charge way to much. Dont be to mad, u have a b5, its not like they didnt have a 2003 gti timing belt or something. Its a late modle car so that makes it alittle understandable , right?

·
Registered
526 Posts
i dont deal with the bigger stuff at york vw but i do like the one parts girl..i bring food from my work and i get a discount

·
Registered
354 Posts
If you go to the York VW parts counter ask for Jonathan...he knows his stuff. The one lady that works behind the counter (dunno her name) is totally clueless, I don't think she can tell a Jetta from a Eurovan.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Don't feel too bad. I had to order a hose from germany for my 92 jetta TD.

Hey Thomas, Leaven's VW used to have a super hottie in their parts/service dept. It's been a few years since I've been there so I'm not sure if she still works there or not.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts