VW Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well... is anyone upset or disappointed with the neuspeed p-flow system? i am looking at buying a used one for $50. just wanted to get some opinions.

thanks, bart

·
Registered
830 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by big dub:
well... is anyone upset or disappointed with the neuspeed p-flow system? i am looking at buying a used one for $50. just wanted to get some opinions.

thanks, bart
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Honestly, I think you would be better off going with a CAI then the P-Flow. With the CAI you are getting more of what you need and that is cold air. Plus, I don't know if the 1.8T had the same problems as the VR6 but with the short, in engine compartment intakes people where destroying there MAF's (including myself). I know with the VR6 MKIV the distance between the MAF and the air tract to the intake is to short. So what you have is turbulent air destroying the wire MAF. Once again, I do not know if this holds true for the 1.8T but when I installed my roomates CAI I was checking out the stock setup and where you would tighten down the P-Flow would be the top tranny bolt so I am guessing that the setup would be the same as the VR6 and you would incounter similar problems. Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
someone offerd me a aem cai for 100$ and i wanna buy it but i dont know about some things. like what about MAF? do i have to worry about it alot?? the cai needs to have the filter cleaned but if i put to much oil, it will mess up my maf. how much oil is too much. also about the whole water into the cai deal. thats my main concern about a cai. opinions please!
thanks,
rich

·
Registered
32 Posts
depending on your engine i'd spend a little extra cash and get a CAI..velocity, atc.
i still have my good ol' p-flow though its sittin in my closet where it belongs.

·
Registered
7,718 Posts
I was just told about the Neuspeed P-flow ruining the MAF sensor ($400+). The guy who told me about it works at VW, and runs a performance shop in York, PA. He said that VW sent out a memo warning about the p-flow system (that it ruins maf sensor) & that it is bad news. So I'm going to look into another CAI. Anyone have any suggestions? For around $100-150? Thanks. BTW, 100 post for me! yeah.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
i heard good things about the velocity cai. nice and cheap too.. but anyone hear about any potential problems with a cai ruining yoru maf?? also , how much is a bypass valve. hers the link for velocity. http://www.thecableshack.com/

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
EvilGti2000, regarding that MAF sensor, most people who ruin it are setting it up for it to be ruined by tightening the bolts around the MAF sensor too tight.

Big Dub you can use this as a reference, they show an installation of an Autobahn Design Cold air filter.

Just some Installations

·
Premium Member
9,072 Posts
I have the Eurosport Cold Flo in mine. Personally I love it, got it at a real great price too (free). It gives 7 HP gain & best of all a mean deep growl. At 5K RPM's is whistle's or should a say scream's like a jet engine. If I had to get another one it would be the CAI.

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey DB,

did you have any maf problems or heard of any with your intake. after doing mods to my last car and then having problems with warranty and what not i'm a bit concerned.

is the cai intake similar to the euro or does it get piped down to the outside?

can you recommend where i can purchase the euro one.

thanks alot

·
Registered
60 Posts
Crap, I'm using a P-flow right now on my VR6-should I ditch it? The sucker sets of my check engine light if I run the engine hard for a while and then come to a stop without a gradual cool-down. To add to the brand frenzy, how about Injen? I see those intakes on a lot of rice at shows--are they good on VWs?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts