VW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im gonna start off with a new-b question. got an 85 golf gti and from my searchin around the web i cant find anything. so gimma a push in the right direction to some good stuff for my golf and ill be askin no more dumb questions...
thanx tyler

·
Registered
526 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
def. wanna go with more of an euro look. i got a 93 mitsu mirage s and i was gonna go evo with that 1 but i changed my mind. im gonna do that kinda look on the vdub...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i looked at some of this stuff and need to know what i got. as of now i know its and 85 its 4door and it says gti in the middle of the steering wheel. as for anything else im clueless. heres some pix...

·
Registered
526 Posts
you have an mk2 obviously..thats the very first year they made mk2's, you have cis injection in your engine..u dont have ce2(central electric ) which means swapping an engine from a 90 or newer car would be very good for your car. all mk2 jettas and golfs are very simlar is body style..let me know what your looking to do to it and ill find something u might like

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok heres my layout. interior i got my own ideas for all that. but i need to find the hub assembely for an aftermarket steering wheel. and for the reat engine wish gimme your ideas for the swap is a def. yes...but to what. the engine in it now sux balls it bogs, shaks, and all round sux so is needs a new 1. but i want a basic engine setup header, catback, intake(coldair a pef but whatever works) upgraded ingnition stuff.
exterior wise i found a few things i liked.
this front but i want sides for a 4door and a rear to match...

thid grill i liked or something like it...

ang angeleyes to go in all four(headlights and the two middle lights)

gimme some places to get some ideas....
im up for anything right now
thanx tyler...
oh ya your from york i live close 2 u. well im from the harrisburg area...

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
What's up. About your exterior choices. That bumper looks good. It's a rs style. Alot of companies sell a version of it. And as far as side skirts and rear bumper. All mk2's have the same side skirts. It doesn't matter if it's a 4 door or 2 door. They'll all fit. And the rear is the same as a 2 door so that won't be too hard. There is a lot of simple diy mods you can do. Check my sig for some mods i did. As far as motor. It all depends on how much money you want to spend. All vw engines are basicly able to be put in any car. Except the new w8. A vr6 a 1.8t a 2.0 xflow. A 16v swap will probably be the least expensive. But cruise this site and others and get some good ideas before you start ripping into the car and do somthing you wish you hadn't. Good luck and keep us posted. Also you should post some pics in the showoff section. That way everybody can see it. Later

1 - 9 of 9 Posts