VW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an APR ecu upgrade done to my 03 GTI 1.8t as you may have read on my last post, I just have a couple Q's for all you chip owners out there in vee-dub land. One do you know if it raises the boost any on the factory turbo and if it does that from and what to? haha(i have no gauges yet, on the way though)Two, Anyone have an idea on what I could run in the 1/4 with this chip added. I know it had to do alot with the driver, my best time be4 it was 15.12, Think it might shave off a full second? Third and lastly whats everyones top speed, just chipped?

~Travis

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
What program did you get? 93 oct? What other mods do you have to your engine? I would say if there is nothing else done to the engine or exhaust, look at mid to high 14's. with some other mods you're looking at low 14's. Big Dong is almost hitting 13.99 with the stock turbo but that's with a good amount of stuff. As per boost. your looking at spiking around 18-19psi then dropping off and you'll be at 15psi for a bit then dropping from there as you get closer to redline.
hth
jon

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
Jon coverd it well.
Top speed...Depends on ur ball size. The chip eliminates the gov. speed limiter...so...

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea Sorry, left That part out, 93 octance for now. Gettin all the other programs in rougly a year with the turbo upgrade.

·
Premium Member
7,420 Posts
I've heard of top speeds in the range of 147-148. As far as a 1/4 ET, I've seen people run 13's with chip, exhaust and CAI on a cold day at New England Dragway. That's one damn good run though, I would put you in mid 14's for now.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts