VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how much hp and torque gain i can expect from an apr chip. i have the 03 with the 180 hp engine. Will i get at least 200 out of it?
thanks

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
With just an APR chip on an AWP motor, you will see somewhere around 190-200 wheel horsepower, and somewhere around 220-230 ft-lbs of TQ at the wheels.

·
Registered
125 Posts
usually have dyno charts on the websites to brag about the chips, although i heard you cant believe wut the sites say anyweay, its a sell tactic

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vdublongisland:
usually have dyno charts on the websites to brag about the chips, although i heard you cant believe wut the sites say anyweay, its a sell tactic<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not exactly true...but you need to determine how they got their numbers. Crank vs. wheel HP. I too am very happy with my APR chip and it still to this day (which may change soon)was the best mod for the money by far in my 1.8T.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cyaneye:
Not exactly true...but you need to determine how they got their numbers. Crank vs. wheel HP. I too am very happy with my APR chip and it still to this day (which may change soon)was the best mod for the money by far in my 1.8T.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What do you have up your sleeve Cyaneye?

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TF242:

What do you have up your sleeve Cyaneye?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL...I was planning on stage 3, but I think we are holding off. Not to mention their price increase didn't help, and I hate long lead times for parts. Mark from APTuning and I have been discussing a new direction or 2. I have an extra laptop laying around
so we might put it to good use with some other goodies. I'll keep you guys posted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts