VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just about to order the APR chip online when I noticed that my engine number that you must match w/ the chip wasn't on there. Does anyone know what to do about this, or should I just call them? Also, if I did order the APR chip, could any performance shop put them in?

·
Registered
133 Posts
You really can't simply order a chip. You have to either send your ecu out to APR and wait for it to come back or take your car to an APR Dealer. It isn't a prom chip where you can simply pop it out and pop it back in. Depending upon the year of your car, you can get direct port, which soldering a chip is no longer needed. Direct port takes about 15 minutes.

The best thing to do is call a shop near you that installs APR products. They will be able to give you all the information you need.
http://www.goapr.com/VW/dealer/index.html

Feel free to call APTuning - 717.272.0916 Tuesday-Saturday. Or send them an email [email protected] Tom, Mike, or Mark will be happy to give you all the information you need.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Man, just chipped with APR at H20 and my car flies! Luv it!

·
Registered
235 Posts
you suck!!!! i have a vr6!!!!!

i know how you spent!!!!!

·
Registered
4,822 Posts
the apr chip is real nice, friend got it put in his 00' golf 1.8t and it made a significant difference! just go to your local preformance dealer if u have one and they'll help ya

1 - 7 of 7 Posts