VW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do u guys think about the apr exhoust I am talking about the entire system with downpipe (stainles steel) what do u guys say about it and do u guys have any idea of how much power it adds on?
thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Well, Ive looked into this system. I actually spoke to one of their engineers, and he said that it is only 2 or 3 Db louder than stock, and that If you want to go to the stage three it will need a new downpipe. It seems like a solid system (although a little expensive) but since it is coming from APR I think that it would be a quality product.

·
Registered
433 Posts
i take it you have a 1.8t, APR has good products, but like fli said they really arn't that loud. If i was you i would go with Milltek exhaust. they are awesome quality, and sound great too. plus they are cheaper than APR.
stratmosphere.com exhaust and sound clip there

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Ahhh, but thats if you think loud is good. That is what I like about the APR system, I want a stealth car. Also, it has the downturn tips so you don't have the exhaust showin ya off either.

·
Registered
380 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote
Also, it has the downturn tips so you don't have the exhaust showin ya off either.
i personally think that sux. That was one of the reasons i was thinking of getting an exhaust system so that the pipes show. Dont get me wrong i dont want no big pipes just normal average size atleast. Just makes the car look better. Performance and sound are a great factor too.

Emir

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
I know this is a ridiculously old topic but I'm debating on saiving some "couldn't afford the VR6" money for a Milltek exhaust. I've gone to their website and read up and all that but, do any of us local people have this set up on a 1.8T? I'd like to hear it in person.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oo, well I didnt go with apr I went with "TT" turbo back I love the sound and the power it puts out you can really feel the difference, somethin like when u would put a chip but not as that big of a difference hehe.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverstoneGTI:
oo, well I didnt go with apr I went with "TT" turbo back I love the sound and the power it puts out you can really feel the difference, somethin like when u would put a chip but not as that big of a difference hehe.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There's nothing wrong with that choice at all. I am very pleased with the performance of my TT turbo back. The only thing it lacks is a polished look...a show perk...that's all.

·
Registered
473 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Ahhh, but thats if you think loud is good. That is what I like about the APR system, I want a stealth car. Also, it has the downturn tips so you don't have the exhaust showin ya off either.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They also make one for those of us that have the 4 motion rear and the tips are exposed...just an FYI. Also I ran at WOT against a Stage 3 ( cough Mark..cough)with the APR full exhaust and several commented that my Tectonics was louder. If I were to do it again, I would go APR no doubt...there is something about how nice that thing looks polished tip to tail, but to each his own.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I've heard nothing but good things about the new Forced Motion exhaust. Supposedly it's THE best exhaust for gains and sound. Check it out. I think they're having a GB on vortex for the release of the new system. It's like $200 off for a turboback system (around $950).

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If you want to go 2.5" the APR is a great system. I have seen it in person, and it does look and sound great.

If you want 3" either the GHL or the FM are great options, and I am sure you would be happy with either. Pretty much the last thing I need bolt on wise for my car before I start to toy with other turbos or spray is a catback, and when I get it I will probably work with GHL because they will probably be open to working with me to find a way to mate their catback onto my ATP downpipe without using the restrictive OEM coupler piece. I want mine to be a true 3" the whole way back. They have been pretty good in the past about working with people for custom adapters, etc.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Big Dong, what did the APR sound like, was it as quiet as they said it was?

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I have heard both the APR and the Milltek, and the APR seemed to be much louder than the Milltek did. It did sound good though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts