VW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure what to use to upgrade my ecu. APR chip or Neuspeed? I know the Neuspeed is less money then the apr chip but what about hp gain? which is better for the car?

·
Registered
844 Posts
IMO APR has hands down the best chip for the 1.8T motor. Yeah it's more money, but from everything I've read about it, it's well worth it. One of the problems with the Neuspeed chip is that it's a "flash" program, and if you were to take it in to your dealer and they hook it up to their computers, you run the risk of having the program erased, and that=bad!

APR all the way dude.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I've heard Up isn't that bad, but from what i heard some people have had real bad experiance's with them. Stuff like the ECU going dead, alot of spiking and not being as smooth as APR or GIAC
jon

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
no doubt apr!! besides the s/c chip, i dont hear many good things about the neuspeed one.just my .02

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GTIboarder:
I've said this before, but check out PES Tuning. They have some of top quality ECU's and other shit for turbo motors and others. All German cars.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

PES uses GIAC chips in all their 1.8T ecu's. I would recommend APR, however the new Revo chips look to be very promising. When they release their advanced tuning kit I will probably sell my APR. The new Revo w/ advnaced tuning is supposed to have customizable programming for the timing, boost, and fuel. You can read more about Revo at this links.

Revo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts