VW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i have a appt tmrw to get my 1.8 flashed(apr) and im looking on getting new hoses and diverter valve as well. can anyone tell me if their is a up side to getting the forge dv/bov ESE Tuning - Forge Motorsport - Splitter - Blow Off Valve & Diverter Valve - Polished compared to the apr R1? or a down side? i know 1.8ts are not ment to run on bov but is this really any different then a bov or a dv? i dont know, im lost.:confused:

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,446 Posts
not too many people are happy with the forge splitter. its not that loud. i have the forge 007 DV and it is loud with a CAI. sounds much better than the quick chirp of a BOV. plus it comes with the springs so you can tune it for your boost.
here is a video of my gti with the forge 007 DV

·
Registered
28 Posts
i went with the apr R1 since it requires no maintenance or cleaning.. i think the forge dv requires replacements of some inside parts every 2 years or something.. dont quote me on that but yea i like r1 does its job perfectly

·
MK4 & MK5 Owner
8,446 Posts
the forge does not need replacement parts. it just needs to be cleaned. i clean mine every oil change. it takes 5 min. to do. remove it from the engine bay. unscrew the top, remove the piston diaphram, clean piston and DV housing with clean rag, regrease and reassemble, then install. i might just make a DIY on how to do this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the forge does not need replacement parts. it just needs to be cleaned. i clean mine every oil change. it takes 5 min. to do. remove it from the engine bay. unscrew the top, remove the piston diaphram, clean piston and DV housing with clean rag, regrease and reassemble, then install. i might just make a DIY on how to do this.
yea thats what it was.. i remember it needed something, mybad >_<

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
first off,
beautiful sawblades
second yea that valve does sound really good. and cleaning sounds like no problem.
thanks a lot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts