VW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry for the link to Vortex, but this is truly great info for those that are seriously looking at turbo upgrades. This should be comparable to the big turbo tuning software that Revo is supposedly gonna release in the near future.

APR V-Tune Info Link

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Cool, something else I can't afford to do to my car...

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by fli gti:
Cool, something else I can't afford to do to my car...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agreed! i can't afford it yet but i don't think i have the knownledge to tune a/f and boost properly so i think i'll stick with the normal apr chip.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently it is going to be a free upgrade to those that are DPP customers. Hopefully they make this available as a free upgrade for the EMCS guys like me.....

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Dong:
Apparently it is going to be a free upgrade to those that are DPP customers. Hopefully they make this available as a free upgrade for the EMCS guys like me.....<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For existing DPP customers or new? hmmmmm. I wonder if they would even set it up to match people's mods. That may be worth a ride out to APT.

Edit for quote:
Since info is beginning to trickle out about V-Tune a brief explanation is probably needed. We are in the final stages of testing, via a group of Beta testers that will use the system and provide insight on ways to improve and enhance the user side of V-Tune.
V-Tune is an application that will allow for the modification of certain parameters of engine management. Specifically, V-Tune will allow you to change Boost, Timing, A/F ratio, Idle speed, etc... There is an option for advanced fuel control which should only be used by those with knowledge of engine tuning. Changes to this portion of V-Tune, if made improperly, can effect your engine in a less than desirable way. Thus modifications will be made at your own risk. These changes will be made via the V-tune Software provided by APR thru either our Direct Port Cable or thru a VAG-Com Diagnostic (serial) cable.

V-Tune will be available to current DPP customers and new customers at no additional charge (until the end of March when it will be offered as a feature, like FCE/TBA). This option will be available for DPP initially, though we will begin to offer this feature to EMCS chip owners shortly. We will be posting screen shots of V-Tune in the very near future so please keep an eye out for more information.
Thanks.

_______

Jeremy L. Auvil
Director of Sales/Marketing and Distributors
APR, LLC. http://www.goapr.com
1-800-680-7921

[ January 07, 2004: Message edited by: RafCarre12 ]

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
In free upgrade, i wouldn't have to buy anything else then? or would i also need the vag-com or their software on my laptop? It seems like a pretty cool feature to have, although i really don't think i need all of it since i plan on not modding my car much more or.... if someone that does know alot about it maybe they could help me tune it to be a bit better.
hmmm...
jon

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bora2021:
In free upgrade, i wouldn't have to buy anything else then? or would i also need the vag-com or their software on my laptop? It seems like a pretty cool feature to have, although i really don't think i need all of it since i plan on not modding my car much more or.... if someone that does know alot about it maybe they could help me tune it to be a bit better.
hmmm...
jon
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This probably isn't something I would get unless your getting an upgraded turbo, or if you were overly concerned with getting that last tenth or two at the track out of your K03.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Didn't think so, and i figured if i did get it with what i have now it wouldn't make a big diffrence anyways. thanks for clearing it up for me.
jon

·
Registered
8,397 Posts
Good post, interesting stuff. This will be great for the StgIII guys, especially for fine tuning things, definetly no standalone though. I can see all the APR V-tune versus Revo ATK flame posts on the Vortex now, people arguing over two softwares, that do the same thing. Looks pretty cool regardless, might have to switch.....nah!

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
screen shots of the interface...

[ January 08, 2004: Message edited by: Big Dong ]

[ January 08, 2004: Message edited by: Bora2021 ]

·
Registered
4,993 Posts
Just to let you guys know...the lead tech at my dealer has been selected by APR to test the V-Tune software on his '03 GTI...I will let you guys know how it works out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts